Blast Volleyball (Blue Fish Bowl’s Junior Olympic Division), founded in 2001, has both boys and girls teams for players 12U -18 years old. These teams compete throughout New England and some compete at the National level. Tryouts occur in October for boys and November for girls. Additionally, we have some of the best coaches around. Who work at making players be the best they can be.
We have several RI Volleyball Leagues, including: Indoor and outdoor sand volleyball leagues, tournaments, clinics and instruction boys and girls under the age of 18. Competitive club teams, We strive to have best Coaches and Teams in our Junior programs.
New Program- Girls High School In House. Practice on Tuesday night. Perfrect for the player that is to busy for club. Coached by Coach Diane
2022-2023 season we had 3 teams get a bid to AAU Nationals. 17 U, 15U and 14U on the girls side. In 2021-22 We had our 18 Boys get a bid to Nationals.
Why Choose BLAST?
- Club Director is Diane Short who spent 28 years coaching division I volleyball.
- The goal of the club is to develop volleyball players to move up to the next level be it Varsity High School or College Ball.
- It is our Coaches that make us Great! Coach Brian Burnham 18U, Coach Rene Marcotte 17 U, Coach Natalie Manson 16 U, Coach Dan Gould 16 U, Brett Gould, Jen Cabral 15 U, Coach Keith Martinous 15U, Coach Jincy, Coach Emma, Coach Nancy Krue 14U,
- Boys Coaches: Morgan Smith, Coach Kyle Alves (Boys), Coach Nate Gallo, Lisa/Eric Wu, and Brendan Hooley.
- Coach Diane skill session coach, clinic coach and in house coach.
- Practice twice a week to 3 times a week depending on the team.
- Plenty opportunity for numerous touches on the volleyball. Plenty of gym time.
- Positional Skill sessions for all club players who want it. No additional charge
- 10-12 Girls teams and 4 boys teams.
- Tournaments are 7-20 dates depending on the team
- Optional extended season for late spring summer. Regular season is November- Late April
- College counseling for players wanting to play in college by appointment.
- There will be try-outs with possible cuts at the older age bracket this year.
- Blast Volleyball has been the longest lasting club in Rhode Island. 24 years
- Costs for 2023-24 comes out soon..
- Option for a payment plan if needed (additional cost may be included) contact Diane@blastvolleyball.com20
- All players have 2 practices and ability to have 1 skill session
- All players will have teamsnap
- All players will compete in at least 8 tournament days
- weekly setter rep session.
- complimentary group skill sessions (reserve space through coach)
- Hudl for some teams.
- Experienced coaches
- All players had 2 practices and ability to have 1 skill session
- All players had teamsnap
- All players Competed in at least 8 tournament days
- 3 Girls teams qualified and got a bid to AAU Nationals. 14s,15s and 17s.
- All players will have two training days a week
- All players will have access to HUDL
- All players will have monthly competitions in uniform with referees
- 2-18 boys named as the AVCA All American. Brendan Pendergast and Chase Bagley. 18 Boys Fire won a bid to nationals, 16 Open Tigers 6th in New England best in Rhode Island. Check out rankings for New England. We are one of the best clubs.
- All teams, all players, all parents will have access to HUDL
- All teams, all competitions will have referees
- Out of the 25 teams;
- 23 medaled wins at NERVA
- Girls 18-1 ended the season ranked 9th & Boys 18-1 ended the season ranked 5th in New England
We had 26 high school seniors this year, 26 of them have committed to college, 7 of them received “full rides” to college and combined, with academic and athletic scholarships, have saved $1.3 million dollars in tuition.